Stillwater Billings Clinic Radiology Department provides comprehensive radiology services including diagnostic x-rays, digital mammography, CT scans, and ultrasounds. Certified Radiologic Technologists perform all procedures in the imaging center. These highly skilled technologists are responsible for positioning the patient to provide a quality and accurate image. These technologists partner with Billings Clinic Radiologists to interpret the images. The results of these images are then shared with your provider.
- Routine X-Rays: The use of radiation to create black and white images of the anatomy. The x-rays may be used to detect bone fractures, foreign objects in the body, and view the bone in relationship to the soft tissues.
- CT-Scan (computerized tomography) utilizes x ray views taken from a variety of angles combined with specialized computer processing to create cross sectional images of the bones and soft tissues inside the body.
- Anne Wiggs – RTR
- Toni Margerison – RTRM
- Jeff Fordhem – RTR, RDMS
- Kathy Hanson – RT, (R)(CT)
Hours: 7:00 am – 5:30 am Monday and Friday. 7 am – 6:00 pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. 8 am – 12 pm, Saturdays. All other hours are covered by an on-call technologist.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I have my radiology work performed here at Stillwater Billings Clinic if my provider is from Billings?
- Yes, a patient can request to have any radiology work performed here and the results will be sent directly to their provider. The results of any radiography are viewed by a Billings Clinic radiologist and can be viewed by a Billings Clinic Provider. We have the capability to send imaging results to providers at many other facilities as well.
- Why do I receive a bill from the radiologist after the doctor has already treated my ailment?
- Our providers are able to view and provide an intial read on each x-ray exam. They are able to treat each patient accordingly. By law, the x-rays must be read by a board-certified Radiologist.
- What is the difference between an X-ray and a CT Scan?
- An X-Ray is one image and a CT scan consists of multiple images that can be put together to create 3-D images or provide views as a single slice.
- What is the difference between an MRI and a CT scan?
- MRI technology utilizes magnets and a CT scan uses radiation. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), is a medical imaging technique used in radiology to visualize internal structures of the body in detail. MRI makes use of the property of nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) to image nuclei of atoms inside the body. MRI can create more detailed images of the human body than possible with X-rays.
To schedule an appointment or to learn more about the Radiography services at Stillwater Billings Clinic, please call (406) 322-1000.
Ultrasound utilizes sound waves to collect images of organs and tissues in the body. A transducer, utilized by the ultrasound technologist, produces high frequency sound waves that travel through the body. The sound waves send back echoes as they bounce off organs and tissues. The computer equipment utilized transmits those echoes into visual data. Ultrasound does not involve exposure to radiation.
Ultrasound services are offered on Wednesdays in the morning. A doctor’s order is necessary for the ultrasound procedure.
Digital mammography is the preferred technology to detect breast cancer and ensure optimal breast health. Digital mammography offers a number of other practical advantages and patient conveniences; there is no waiting for film to be developed and there is a reduction in need for repeat exams due to under or over exposure. Digital images are easily stored and transferred electronically, eliminating the dependency on one set of original films, which can be misfiled or lost in transit. The technology of digital mammography utilizes digital receptors and computers to produce images of the breast. These images give the radiologist a clear vision of the breast tissue. Stillwater Billings Clinic mammography is both a screening and diagnostic tool for our patients right here, close to home.
Stillwater Billings Clinic Digital Mammography services are offered every Tuesday and Thursday.