Health care is vital to all of us some of the time, but public health is vital to all of us all the time.
C. Everett Koop
Public health ensures the health of the community as a whole as they relay information regarding public health policies, practices, nutrition, maternal and child health, and public health emergency information. Services include: “Vaccines for Children” (click to see the definition – pdf) immunization clinics, Women Infant and Children (WIC) Clinics, and Foot Clinics.
Public Health Office is located at 407 North A Street in Columbus
Hours: Monday – Friday: 8 am-4:30 pm
Phone: (406) 322-1070 (After Hours please call 322-1000)
Fax: (406) 322-9969
- Immunization Clinics are walk-in clinics held the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month from 1-4 pm
- How much do Immunizations cost:
- Immunization prices range from $25 for a TB test up to $233 depending on the vaccine.
- Will my insurance or Medicaid cover the cost of the immunizations?
- If the patient is covered by Medicaid, there is no charge for the immunizations.
- If the patient does not have any insurance, there is a $21 administration fee per immunization (or what the patient’s family can afford.)
- If the patient is covered by private insurance, the patient is required to pay full price for the vaccine at the time of service. The patient can then independently submit that fee to their insurance provider.
Stillwater Billings Clinic Community Health Services Department welcomes you to open the doors to their “loan” closet. You will find a variety of home health and rehabilitation equipment available for loan for the duration of time a patient is in need of support to maintain their quality of life at home including:
- shower chairs
These items can then be returned to the closet for reuse. Other personal items are available while supplies last such as blankets, hats for babies, briefs and ostomy supplies.
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
WIC is a supplemental food and nutrition education program for women, infants, and children that meet income eligibility guidelines. This program provides foods high in nutrients that are necessary for health in women, infants, and children. It also provides nutrition education for the individuals and families participating in WIC
When are WIC appointments?
Stillwater WIC offers one clinic per month. WIC appointments are scheduled for the 3rd Wednesday. Immunizations are offered to WIC clients during that time.
8:30 am – 5:00 pm 3rd Wednesday of the month